Less is More: Few lighting applications better demonstrate the value of long-lasting LED signals from GE Lighting Solutions versus traditionally used incandescent lamps. The maintenance of commuter rail, rapid transit and freight railroad signals located in rail yards, in tunnels, on high bridges or close to energized high-voltage power lines presents serious employee hazards.
The less time spent trouble-shooting or changing lamps in such settings, the better. Installing new wayside signals with solid-state GE LED systems minimizes fall protection and power clearance concerns. Compared with incandescent lamps, GE LED wayside solutions improve visibility and sighting distance under various weather conditions, eliminate the need for optical re-alignment and provide up to 90 percent energy-cost savings.
LED Colorlights | Rail Signal Product Finder
- OEM or retrofit use
- UV stabilized shell
- Compatible with most light-out detection systems
- Up to 90% energy efficiency over incandescent
- 5 ½-inch or 8-inch models available
- GE quality/reliability
- Colors: Red, Yellow, Green, White
- Replaces incandescent lamps in rail yard, rapid transit, commuter and freight railroad wayside signal applications